Taylorcraft 450 ARF
Taylorcraft 450 ARF by E-flite
- Can be flight-ready in as little as 3 hours
- True-to-scale proportions
- Detailed cockpit with fabric-covered seats
- Balsa and ply construction
- Internal servo mounts
- Stable flight characteristics
- Adjustable motor mount—Park 450 or Park 480 motor
- Pre-installed steerable tailwheel
- Classic cream and red UltraCote® trim scheme
- Painted fiberglass cowl and wheel pants
The Taylorcraft is a conventional layout, high wing, fabric-covered, two-seat aircraft known for its speed and efficiency on limited horsepower engines. The designer, Clarence Taylor, can rightfully be called the father of private aviation in America. Clarence Taylor first designed the Taylor Cub, which became the Piper Cub—notably civilian aviation’s most recognized airplane. After Mr. Taylor was forced to sever ties with his financier William Piper because of conflicting goals, he vowed to build a new, personal aircraft superior to the Cub in all respects and succeeded. The Taylorcraft was faster, more comfortable, more attractive, and more modern by the standards of the day. By the 1940s, the Taylorcraft was a mainstay on the civilian aviation front.
E-flite’s version of the Taylorcraft 450 ARF is an easy-to-assemble, lightweight, scale parkflyer constructed of balsa and plywood. Its lightweight construction and high wing placement make this almost-ready-to-fly Taylorcraft a docile, easy-to-fly aircraft that is gentle enough for most pilots, yet the replication of the clipped wing variant makes the model aerobatic-capable so more advanced modelers can experiment with loops, rolls and inverted flight. This model also comes highly prefabricated so you can get in the air in as little as 3–4 hours. All of the control surfaces are factory-hinged and the tailwheel assembly comes installed in order to save the modeler time. And, the pre-molded side windows pop into the fuselage with little effort. The durable aluminum landing gear gives the Taylorcraft solid handling, even when takeoffs and landings occur in not-so-friendly locations, and its steerable tail wheel aids in runway taxiing.
Scale enthusiasts will marvel at the Taylorcraft’s incredibly accurate appearance. The true-to-scale outline is accentuated by a cream and red scale UltraCote® trim scheme that classically replicates the civilian airplane's golden days. Internally mounted servos also help maintain the scale integrity. Its cockpit is even outfitted with molded, fabric-covered seats, and the overhead window is duplicated right down to the painted trim. The fiberglass cowl and wheel pants, and balsa wood strut covers also contribute to this nostalgic plane’s sophisticated look.
Its lightweight design is focused around E-flite's Park 450 BL Outrunner Motor, with a great power-to-weight ratio. Or, the Taylorcraft can be paired with the E-flite 480 BL Outrunner Motor for maximum power. The Taylorcraft utilizes E-flite’s new sliding motor mount system which allows modelers to mount multiple engines to the same airframe using the same, adjustable mount. And, swapping out batteries is a breeze thanks to the easy-access magnetic battery hatch.
- Wingspan: 46 in (1170mm)
- Overall Length: 36 in (915mm)
- Wing Area: 370 sq in (23.8 sq dm)
- Flying Weight: 29–31 oz (820–880 g)
- Motor Size: Park 450 BL outrunner, 890Kv
- Radio: 6 channels with 4 sub-micro servos
- Servos: (4) S75 sub-micro servos
- Trim Scheme Colors: UltraCote Cream (U878) and Deep Red (U871)
- CG (center of gravity): 2-3/8" (60mm) to 2-7/8" (73mm) back from the leading edge of the wing
- Prop Size: E-flite 10x8E electric prop
- Hardware Included: yes
- Speed Control : 20 to 40-amp brushless
- Recommended Battery: 3S 11.1V 2100mAh Li-Po
- Scale: Parkflyer
- Approx. Assembly Time: 4–6 hours